Submit an article or book review for the Australian Biblical Review
Papers will only be considered if they conform to the requirements set out on the Catholic Biblical Quarterly web site, supplemented by the instructions set out below. Articles should generally not exceed 7,000 words in length, including footnotes.
- Australian spelling should be adopted.
- En-dashes should be used instead of hyphens for verse number ranges in Scripture and other references.
- Punctuation should be inside quotation marks.
- Double quotation marks should be used to indicate text quoted from another author or for word definitions.
- A brief description of the author’s academic or other position should be provided
- An abstract of no more than 200 words should appear at the head of the article.
- Footnotes should be provided, rather than endnotes, and the footnote number should be in a hanging indent paragraph with the footnote followed by a tab character, not a space.
- The article should be provided in a Word document with the following style names applied to the various elements:
Times New Roman should be adopted as the body font. Commencing with the 2022 issue of the journal, Gentium SIL should be used for Greek characters, and Ezra SIL for Hebrew; both of these free fonts are obtainable from SIL Language Technology.
- Heading 1 (Article Title),
- Author Name,
- Author Details,
- First Paragraph (for the first paragraph of each section),
- Normal (for all other paragraphs),
- Heading 2 (for sub-headings),
- Quote (for indented quotations).
- The article should be accompanied by a statement by the author guaranteeing that the article furnished is his or her original work and has not been published previously elsewhere.
All submissions of articles and enquiries on editorial matters should be done via email and directed to the relevant editor:
Hebrew Bible / Old Testament:
Dr Rachelle Gilmour (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Revd Prof. Alan H. Cadwallader (email@example.com)
Dr Gareth Wearne (Gareth.Wearne@acu.edu.au)
All subscription, membership and other enquiries should be directed to:
The Administrative Officer
Fellowship for Biblical Studies
23 Gareth Drive
Burwood East Vic 3151
Preferably, contact the Administrative Officer by email.