Submit an article or book review for the Australian Biblical Review
Papers will only be considered if they conform to the requirements set out on in the Society of Biblical Literature Handbook of Style (2nd edition) supplemented by the instructions set out below. The Handbook can be accessed online through most theological libraries and JSTOR or is available for purchase through SBL press. Articles should generally not exceed 7,000 words in length, including footnotes.
- Australian spelling should be adopted.
- Punctuation should be inside quotation marks.
- Double quotation marks should be used to indicate text quoted from another author or for word definitions.
- A brief description of the author’s academic or other position should be provided
- An abstract of no more than 200 words should appear at the head of the article.
- Footnotes should be provided, rather than endnotes.
- Please use abbreviations set out in the SBL Handbook of Style (2nd ed). Additional abbreviations for Greek and Latin epigraphy can be found at AIEGL.org.
- The article should be provided in a Word document with the following style names applied to the various elements:
Times New Roman should be adopted as the body font. Greek or Hebrew characters should be used (not transliteration) and submitted in a Unicode font. Commencing with the 2022 issue of the journal, Gentium SIL will be used for Greek characters, and Ezra SIL for Hebrew. Both of these free fonts can be obtained from SIL Language Technology.
- Heading 1 (Article Title),
- Author Name,
- Author Details,
- First Paragraph (for the first paragraph of each section),
- Normal (for all other paragraphs),
- Heading 2 (for sub-headings),
- Quote (for indented quotations).
- The article should be accompanied by a statement by the author guaranteeing that the article furnished is his or her original work and has not been published previously elsewhere.
All submissions of articles and enquiries on editorial matters should be done via email and directed to the relevant editor:
Hebrew Bible / Old Testament:
Assoc. Prof. Rachelle Gilmour (email@example.com)
Revd Prof. Alan H. Cadwallader (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dr Gareth Wearne (Gareth.Wearne@acu.edu.au)
All subscription, membership and other enquiries should be directed to:
The Administrative Officer
Fellowship for Biblical Studies
40 Darwin Avenue
Wentworth Falls NSW 2782
Preferably, contact the Administrative Officer by email.